- Silicon Valley’s snoopiness starts paying off, but that doesn’t make it right 5 April 2020 | 11:25 am
- Deluded Scousers burn down 5G masts because COVID-19 is talking through the airwaves 5 April 2020 | 10:56 am
- Openet & Omdia – 5G Monetisation White Paper 3 April 2020 | 4:45 pm
- eSIM and IoT: Q&A with Alexey Gabsatarov 3 April 2020 | 3:41 pm
- Vodafone says upstream broadband data flows have doubled in some markets 3 April 2020 | 12:18 pm
AfricApps returns for a second year as the premier show for African App Developers. Early confirmations already include Google as Headline Sponsor and workshop leaders. They will open the conference with a workshop looking at the opportunities the Android Platform offers. Mobile Monday will also be the event partners providing their unique energy and insight into Africa’s future developers. As a new addition this year will include a Mobile Marketing focus day, which will assess how major brands are looking at mobile devices to promote themselves. Major speakers include B. Bonin Bough, Global Head of Digital at Kraft Foods.
Google Workshop Announced:
Major 2 hour Developer Workshop run by Google’s Head Developers
Event Partner Google have been confirmed to run a 2 hour workshop on the Opportunities Android and Google + Present to African Developers.
The theme of this workshop will be Social & Content; Driving the next big African Innovation
Google will also be taking a large exhibitor space where the will be providing interactive demos of their innovation
New to 2013 – Mobile Marketing Focus Day
This will be looking at the increasing opportunities around brand marketing via mobile. This session will take case studies from global brands, advertising agencies and digital gurus. Early confirmations include Ogilvy, Kraft and Nandos.
Key issues addressed over the course of the day include:
- How can you maximise your brand exposure via mobile
- What is the power of SMS marketing?
- Examples of Successful Brand Marketing Strategies
- Creating an overall cross media campaign
Show Me The Monetization- Return of the Mobile Apps Dragons Den
The show will place a major focus on how you can develop a successful, discoverable apps.
The key theme will continue to be around how developers can get funding to make their apps successful.
Central to this will be Year 2 of the MOBILE APPS DRAGONS DEN; where VCs and Industry Leaders will give advice to up and coming developers.